Thursday, March 23, 2006

So who the hell is Chris Wahl?



I'm glad you asked...

I was born in Murwillumbah, Australia in 1973.


I'm a self-taught artist who's always had a passion for drawing. Upon leaving high school (after a brief stint in retail) I began working at Walt Disney Television Animation as an Inbetweener. During my time there I published three issues of my own comicbook PLATINUM under my insignia X-Press Comics. This went on to win a few local awards including the prestigious 'Stanley' award in 1994.


Currently, I work at home as a freelance commercial artist through my representative The Drawing Book Studios. I've also contributed to many MAD magazines over the last decade with loads of interior work and about fourteen covers under my belt.


These days I live nestled between The Nepean River and The Blue Mountains with my wife, son and two dogs.

PICTURED: (1) Self Portrait from a recent Drawing Board Caricature thread. Pencil/Photoshop. 2006 (2) An unpublished cover from Aussie comic 'Cyberswine'. Pen. 1996. (3) One of my many MAD covers. Pencil, Painter and Photoshop. 2003

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool chris! welcome to blogger land. It's a cer-AZY place for sure.

Can't wait to see what great new drawings you're cooking up.

nice meeting you briefly at sydney

-lfw

8:51 AM  
Blogger Scott Tolleson said...

You sir, are ridiculously talented. Can't wait to see more of your rendititions of cartoon characters. Maybe a Wilma to match the Betty?

9:16 AM  
Blogger G said...

Hi Chris, welcome to blog land! :) Always enjoy seeing your amazing artwork. So consider yourself *bookmarked*!!

- Gary

12:27 PM  
Blogger shaggy said...

You have some great art. Its pretty inspiring stuff. I'll be checking back from time to time.

2:58 PM  
Blogger Chris Wahl said...

Thanks everyone. I'll try and make each blog entry as different and varied as possible. Don't want you guys getting bored or anything.:)

12:38 PM  
Blogger Michael Cho said...

Damn, Chris, you are waaaay too talented for us mere mortals. I'm really glad you got this blog started so I can check in and see all the goodness you're up to. Great terminator-e.-newman piece and all your other stuff is gorgeous too. What more can I say that all these other gushing fans haven't already? Your stuff rocks HARD, dude!!

6:54 PM  
Blogger Chris Wahl said...

Thanks, Michael. Coming from a talented artist such as youself, it means alot.

10:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you started posting your work on a site. A lot of fantastic art. Great work, Chris! Very inspirational.

4:37 AM  
Blogger Chris Wahl said...

Thanks Senti.

10:56 PM  
Blogger Chris Wahl said...

Thanks Brad.

Enjoyed your caricatures and website. Looking forward to more blog entries.

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © Chris Wahl 2019 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners