Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Aussie comics

I've been part of the Australian comicbook scene on and off for over 10 years, producing my own comicbook series along the way and also contributing covers, pinups and sequentials to various comicbooks. I've had the pleasure of meeting and doing work for some great people during that time.

Here are some of my contributions to a few of those publications.



Trudy Cooper's Platinum Grit has become one of Australia's most popular comic books. Witty storylines, dry humour and fantastic art.
PICTURED: (left) My version of Nils from Platinum Grit.



Dillon Naylor's been a regular in the Aussie comicbook industry for almost 20 years. With titles such as Da'n'Dill, Pop Culture and 2 Minute Noodles and his current character a girl vampire, Batrisha, which appears as a comic strip in newspapers and kids magazines.
PICTURED: (right) Teen Batrisha, from a drawing jam.


Lastly, is a pinup I did for Craig Phillips' comicbook, Finch. These days, Craig is a very sought after book illustrator doing work for Europe and the States. And well deserved too, he's a fantastic artist who has great design sense.
PICTURED: (left) Madame Morena, from the comicbook 'Finch'. Unpublished.

5 Comments:

Blogger Marsha Loftis said...

I don't read alot of comics but I do stop to look at the art occasionally when I go to Barnes and Noble or Books a million. Actually, the only comics I have ever read is the Star Trek the Next Generation comics. I have those because I was addicted to the show. : )

10:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haven't seen the Finch pic before! Christ that's lovely.

And didn't know you'd started a blog - must work out the LJ feed thingy!

Trudy.

12:15 AM  
Blogger z0mbi said...

Wow! I can't believe I am just now discovering your blog. You're even better than I initially thought! Now I'm just that much more depressed...argh.

1:27 PM  
Blogger Chris Wahl said...

Madie- Thanks for stopping by.

Trudy- Nice of you to stop by, Trudy. I have a link to the LJ feed if that helps.

Killeroo- All in good time, Darren. I'll be posting more Aussie comic stuff in the future.

Zombi- Thanks. Don't be too depressed, it's all smoke and mirrors. :)

2:48 PM  
Blogger Chris Wahl said...

I haven't forgotten you, Hayden.

I'll finish your pinup soon.

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © Chris Wahl 2019 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners